The overall length of MCM's internship program is approximately 10 weeks during the summer terms. The program is divided into 3 stages with the intent of exposing students to the construction industry in the field, followed by a short period working with construction support departments in our main office, and then going back to the field to implement knowledge gained during the first two stages. During your time at MCM we will introduce real world tasks which you will perform under the supervision of MCM personnel specialized in different areas of construction. This is a paid internship.
The following is a breakdown of MCM's Internship Program (please note this may be subject to change depending on each individual's past experience and knowledge):
- During Stage 1, you will work with a Superintendent in the field for 4 weeks in order to become familiar with a live construction site and field operations.
- During Stage 2, you will work in the main office for 2 weeks with various construction support departments such as estimating or purchasing.
- During Stage 3, you will go back to the field to work with a Project Manager or Project Engineer for 4 weeks performing job-site tasks that will integrate your office experience with actual field operations.
At MCM we offer the following to our employees
* Internship programs
* Career development
* Health, dental & vision insurance
* Life insurance (company paid)
* Educational assistance programs
- Southern Methodist University Career Fair LOCATION: Hughes Trigg Student Center Ballrooms
- University of Texas (UT) Arlington LOCATION: Maverick Activites Center
- FIU – OHL School of Construction Career Fair LOCATION: Graham Center Ballroom – FIU MMC 11200 SW 8th St
- Texas A&M Construction Science Fair LOCATION: Brazos County Expo Center
- University of Texas (UT) Austin – Engineering Career Expo LOCATION: Frank Erwin Center
- Texas A&M Engineering Career Fair LOCATION: Reed Arena
Cindy ArteagaSummer Intern 2013- Civil Engineering and Mathematics, class of 2015 at Bobby Lyle School of Engineering – Southern Methodist University"My internship experience at MCM was a great learning experience that provided the exposure and hands-on environment necessary to learn about the construction industry".Click here to expandMy internship at MCM was a great learning experience that provided the exposure and hands-on environment necessary to learn about the construction industry. As an intern, I was able to shadow and collaborate with the project manager and the project engineers, while learning both about the office work and on-site work. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to learn from such a diverse “dream team” about many aspects of construction management.
Mark HammerschmidtPursuit Manager- University of Florida, Architecture, Class of 2004, Building Construction, Class of 2006“WHETHER IT’S BUILDING GOVERNMENT FACILITIES, SCHOOLS, AIRPORTS, BRIDGES, OR ROADS, MCM MAKES USE OF THE LATEST INNOVATIONS AND TECHNOLOGIES TO ENSURE MY EVERYDAY SUCCESS”Click here to expandMy first encounter with MCM, was at the University of Florida Building Construction Career Fair. After graduating from the University of Florida in 2006, the construction industry was booming and as a result I had the unique opportunity to select the company I wanted to begin my career with. Being a native of Miami it was important for me to select a company that provided not only the best service to its clients and community, but also contributed to the overall growth of its employees. Working for MCM for almost seven years now, I've been able to learn and grow along with the company as we face new and unique challenges with every project we complete. Whether it’s building government facilities, schools, airports, bridges, or roads, MCM makes use of the latest innovations and technologies to ensure my everyday success. Thanks to the great working environment and corporate culture created by the Munilla family, I face every new challenge with confidence and enthusiasm as we achieve our goals together as a team.